Hey ShokzSquad! With the weather warming up and the sun shining, now is the perfect time to revamp your health routine and kickstart summer with some healthy habits! Check out my top warm-weather practices:
- Try a water workout. They’re a great way to make a splash, have some fun and get stronger! Moving through water provides new and different resistance stimulation. You may be surprised to see how sore your muscles are waking up the next day! If the pool is outside, remember to use some sunscreen!
- Take up gardening. Start a small garden in your yard or a community patch for some homegrown fruit and vegetables, and foster new friendships with neighbors.
- Workout in the morning. Beat the heat with an early morning activity. Go for a walk or bike ride after breakfast while it’s still shady and cool outside.
- Stay hydrated. It’s so important to drink lots of water! You may think you’re getting enough, but with the temperature creeping up, adding some extra ounces is never a bad idea. Staying hydrated will help keep your energy levels up for those long summer days and nights.
- Get up earlier. Enjoy some early morning alone time and get ready for your day. Watching the sun come up with a cup of coffee or tea is an underestimated treasure!
- Wear sunglasses. Just like you protect your skin during summer, it’s important to protect your eyes too. Putting yourself at risk for cataracts, or macular degeneration isn’t worth avoiding the reflection of your phone in a summer selfie!